So this is my day so far following on from my BFP (or rather my little and slightly faint but still five days early positive) yesterday:
- Woke up and thought that it would be good to take another test thinking that it would make me feel more confident if I could see that the line was getting darker.
- Disclosed that I had used the last First Response test yesterday so decided to use a cheap test instead, reasoning that it would give me a benchmark line which I could then compare against tomorrow.
- Took cheap test and got a BFN. Squinted at it for a bit trying to convince myself that there was a VERY faint line but I couldn’t decide if there really was of if it was my mind playing tricks.
- Cursed myself for using a cheap test when I am still four days before what would be the first day of my next cycle. ]
- Decided that the only way to stop myself from going mad (as if I’m not mad enough already) would be to take another First Response test.
- Walked that 35 minutes to the shop to buy said test on my way to work.
- Went to test at work only to discover that I didn’t need to wee – AT ALL.
- Drank three cups of (decaf) tea in the space of an hour whilst worrying that drinking too much liquid would give a false result.
- Finally I was able to take the First Response test and I left it upside down for a good five minutes whilst pacing around the toilet cubical refusing to look at it for fear of the answer.
- Figuring that I might also get a false result if I left it for too long, I finally looked at the test and it was a BFP and darker than yesterday’s one.
- Breathed a sigh of relief and concluded that I need to chill out or I might actually go mad before I even stand a chance of getting to 12 weeks!