I’ve just returned from a lovely cottage break with the boy and the pups but as it was wonderfully uneventful, I have nothing of interest to write as all TTC efforts are still on hold until the meeting with the consultant this coming Wednesday. So I thought I would take the opportunity to share a few more details about myself with all of you lovely bloggers and what better way than by belatedly accepting the Liebster Award. Thanks to all of the lovely ladies who nominated me and in particular to Mrs MLACS who went to the herculean effort of adding links to her entire blog roll!
So here are my answers to MLACS’s questions (which in turn are Alexis at My Silver Lining‘s questions):
1. What’s your middle name? Elizabeth, after Queen Elizabeth. My sister’s middle name is Victoria as my mum thought it would giveI’m not sure it worked.
2. When did you get married? 19th May 2012. It was a fantastic day and everything we could have wanted. Neither of us are particularly religious so we got married in a local manor house (which is now used as a school). Being unduly concerned about our guests getting bored, we didn’t get married until 4pm which meant that we both had lovely long mornings getting ready with our friends and family and went it came to the ceremony I couldn’t have been more excited. The rest of the day flew by in a haze of food, champagne and giggles. I can happily say I wouldn’t have changed a thing!
Yes, we dressed our dogs up to make our Save the Date cards. Doesn’t everyone do that??
The venue for the ‘big day’
My beautiful bouquet
Yes, this is me. Not quite ‘coming out’ but getting there.
3. Favourite event at the Winter Olympics? This is a hard one as I am really enjoying watching the Winter Olympics coverage at the moment. I think I like the artistic sports the best: freestyle skiing and snowboarding, half pipe and figure skating. Whilst I enjoy watching these sports I am definitely not going to be taking part. I’ve never skied in my life, my ice skating is decidedly amateur and my one attempt at snowboarded consisted of much falling and some seriously girly giggling due to my ridiculous crush and the snowboard instructor, Leon, I still blush now just thinking about him!
4. Best thing about summer? Long summer evening walks with the dogs and camping weekends with the boy. And of course, not being cold. I hate being cold!
5. Favourite TV series? Just one? But there are so many! Reality shows it would be either Location, Location, Location, a UK property finding show or Don’t Tell The Bride. Drama series, Grey’s Anatomy or The West Wing (I’m so sad it’s over).
6. Favourite music artist from the 70′s? Stevie Wonder or anything Motown.
7. Favourite movie from the 90′s? Pretty Woman. I could watch it over and over again!
8. Why do you blog? Because I need somewhere to get my thoughts out of my head so that I don’t go insane (or end up divorced) and because I have discovered a fabulous blogging community who give me strength when I don’t know where to turn and who help me feel less alone in a world of pregnant women and babies!
I’m going to copy MLACS’s idea and nominate my entire blogroll but because she’s a better woman than me I’m afraid I’m not going to list them, you know who you are and if you’re reading this then consider yourself nominated. If you want to play along, post the award logo onto your blog and answer the questions set out above, or any other questions you feel like answering. I look forward to finding out more about you and hope you enjoyed this little insight into the world of GK.